Having an aquarium is something that can be lots of fun. Until you are going away on holiday or on a business trip.
Then you have problems with who will come and feed your fish. And, you might be worrying that they won’t give your fish the right amount of food.
The good news is that there is such a thing as an automatic fish feeder. Then, you will not worry about feeding your fish ever again.
The only problem is that these automatic fish feeders are expensive can isn’t available so freely. But, you can make your own fish feeder.
With all this information, you will know more about fish feeders and how to make your own fish feeder before your next trip.
Automatic fish feeders and the benefits of them
Most people are trying to feed their fish at the same time, each and every day. But, we all know that this might not always be possible. There are so many people that can’t feed the fish exactly at the same time. This is where the automatic fish feeder comes in.
With the fish feeder, you will not have a problem with feeding the fish anymore. The only thing that you should be worried about, is to make sure that the feeder is always full of food. There are different brands, sizes, and types of automatic feeders available. And, you need to make sure that you are going to choose the one that will be best for you. Some of the benefits of having your own fish feeder is:
- You will never miss a feeding again
- Don’t have to worry about finding someone to feed your fish when you are away on holiday
- Most automatic feeders can be programmed to feed the fish more than once a day
Things that can become a problem with a fish feeder
Even if there are so many benefits of having an automatic fish feeder, there are a couple of problems that you should know about, as well. This is the only way that you can make sure that you know if a fish feeder is a thing for you before you start making your own fish feeder. These are some problems that many people reported.
- You can feed the fish too many foods at a time, or not enough.
- You may start to neglect the tank and not give your full attention to it
- If the automatic feeder breaks, you might not notice it in time
- This is a really expensive equipment
Stuff you need to make your own fish feeder
The good news is, that if you want to have your own automatic fish feeder, and can’t afford your own, you can still make one yourself. This isn’t really a hard process, and you will be able to make your fish feeder in no time. It is going to be a lot easier than you might think.
In order to make your own fish feeder, you need to have certain materials to make the fish feeder work correctly. These are some of the things that you should have to make your automatic fish feeder:
- An empty plastic bottle with a plastic milk bottle cap
- 3 wooden matches
- Cellphone or pager that can vibrate
Steps of making your own automatic fish feeder
These are the steps that you need to follow to make your automatic fish feeder:
- Cut off the bottom of the plastic bottle and take off the cap as well
- Arrange the wooden matches on top of the milk bottle cap and glue them together.
- Put the plastic bottle on top of the matches, and glue them together as well. The mouth of the bottle should be on top of the matches
- Now, you should fill the bottle with the fish food that you want to give your fish. It will slide off the matches and into the water. But, the milk cap will stop the flow.
- Set the phone on vibrate and put it into the bottle as well. The phone should be on and on vibrating. This is really important.
- Place your feeder on the fish tank so that it can hang over the side and so that the food will land in the water. To use the feeder you are just phoning the cell in the bottle. The vibrating will ensure that the food lands in the aquarium.
You don’t need to have a fancy automatic fish feeder to feed your fish regularly. With this guide to make your own automatic fish feeder, and with all the necessary information that you need about an automatic fish feeder, you will be able to know for sure that your fish will always be fed. Even if you are away from home and you can’t find someone to feed your fish.